ARSANY R. MAKKAR
21 Sycamore Road, Bayonne, NJ 07002 • (201) 245-8310 • email@example.com
Rutgers University, Ernest Mario School of Pharmacy – New Brunswick, NJ
Doctor of Pharmacy (Pharm.D.) – May 2020 GPA: 3.951
Registered Pharmacy Technician, CVS Health June 2015 – Present
- Assist in the production and dispensing of medications for patients.
- Accelerate prescription processing by improving pharmacists-patient communication.
- Increase accessibility to medicine by lowering patient costs and recommending through generic product utilization and proper pharmaceutical care.
Physics Assistant, Rutgers University September 2014 – May 2016
- Organized and assembled physics demonstration shows for students and the public.
- Maintained and repaired laboratory equipment and chemicals.
- Independently managed stockroom and oversaw all incoming/outgoing deliveries.
Sales Representative, Vector Marketing Representative June 2014 –August 2014
- Expanded customer-based network to recommend/demonstrate product specifications.
- Support customers in answering questions about product prices and availability.
Pharm.D. Honors Research Program, Rutgers University September 2016 – Present
- Conduct studies on the effects of psychosocial stressors on asthmatic urban children
- Measure toxicity of diesel gas exhaust in asthmatic children.
- Prepare and analyze clinical samples and data from cortisone-saliva, HRV, and FEV1/FVC tests.
Undergraduate Research Assistant, Rutgers University September 2016 – Present
- Evaluate the role of CHPG in a lesion during re-myelination via staining of various proteins & proliferative assays
- Provide additional meaningful study design updates and/or changes for future research development
Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship, Rutgers University June 2016 – August 2016
- Analyzed the effect of high-fat-diet on the Farnesoid X Receptor.
- Trimmed, processes, developed, and embedded lab animal tissue.
- Microtome formalin-fixed paraffin-embedded tissue to create H&E, special stains, and IHC stained slides
Pharmaceutical Research Assistant, New Jersey Institute of Technology June 2013 – May 2014
- Arranged chemical solutions and tablets for processes following protocols to research the effects of different APIs with excipients for drug delivery improvement.
- Recorded, classified, and reviewed data for computer analysis
- Presented summaries, reports, and posters at scientific meetings
Technical: Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
Clinical & Laboratory: CITI, Staining (H&E, Special, IHC, Immunofluorescence, ELISA), Western Blotting,
Rutgers University Dean’s List 2014 - Present
Ernest Mario Endowed Scholarship Recipient 2016 - 2017
Rutgers 2016 Academic Excellence Award 2016
Industrial Pharmacists Organization Fellow 2015 - 2016
American Society for Microbiology Materials Education Foundation Award 2014
Society of Toxicology ~ Undergraduate Affiliate American Chemical Society ~ Award Member
Industry Pharmacists Organization ~ Fellow American Pharmacists Association ~ Member
Drug Information Association ~ Member Orthodox Christian Campus Ministry ~ Member
St. Abanoub & St. Anthony Coptic Orthodox Church of Bayonne, NJ September 2014 - Present
- Lead spiritual group activities for children
- Organize spiritual conventions and fundraising services